Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Singalong Tuesday 12

It feels like we're out of the Winter Woods, doesn't it?

My produce stand now has veggies grown north of the 49th parallel and my bike ride to go get them is drier than it was a month ago. Farmers' markets are sprouting in town, too, so my friends who want to do their shopping closer to home can zip over on a Saturday and revel in the fresh breads, herbs and even rhubarb!

I'm in a bit of a quandary about rhubarb. I love it. My mom's (actually, Betty Crocker's) rhubarb custard pie recipe is wonderful – but even though I skip the pastry part, there's all that sugar.

Do I go for it or not?

Oh, of course I do. Rhubarb has a short season, and it gives me immense pleasure, and it's not like I'll be eating it every day. It's a treat.

And that's the whole point of Calorie Neutral, if I remember correctly.

Eat, exercise and enjoy!

Thanks for the reminder :)

No comments:

Post a Comment