Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Singalong Tuesday 6


Hi there! How are you feeling?

For several days in a row, I found myself wanting to eat before bed. This was new (well, it's old behaviour, but new again since I started the program), so I took a look at my food and activity journal and eureka! The answer was right there.

I’ve been exercising often and I’d increased the intensity of each workout, so I was burning through my reserves and leaving nothing in the tank. Basically, I needed more food to fuel my regular life plus the enhanced exercise routine.

As soon as I added a bit more – an extra small apple or handful of veggies, maybe half a dozen more almonds or some cheese – to each meal and snack, I lost the urge for that evening extra.

Have you adjusted your eating and activity this week – either on purpose or because life just sat up and demanded it?

2 comments:

  1. Now that I am doing a bit more exercise (as my knee heals) I'm finding I'm more hungry - so have started adding a snack that I thought I'd have to give up forever. My favourite comfort food is pop corn, but I could never keep the portion small or to leave off the butter. But now I've been able to have a very small bowl (maybe 2 cups tops) and I water down Dijon mustard and drizzle that over it and it's delish! And what's amazing is that I have no urge for more, which is totally new.

    I've dropped a total of 8 lbs now and am halfway to my goal! Yay. Feelin' great.
    Thanks again Rachel! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, losing weight, eating popcorn and getting more exercise! And even better, the healing knee!
    How great is that?

    Congratulations, Madeline.

    And thanks for the tip on mustard for the popcorn – that's a new one for me, and it sounds very savoury.

    ReplyDelete